West Bengal Government to Raise Annual Allocation for Women’s Cash Transfer Scheme to Rs 48,000 Crore
Speaking at a programme at Dhanadhanya Auditorium in Kolkata, Adhikari said the initial budgetary allocation of Rs 36,000 crore would not be sufficient for the cash transfer scheme given the growing number of beneficiaries.
"We are committed to fulfilling our promise. We had allocated Rs 36,000 crore in the budget. That will not be enough. Rs 48,000 crore will be required annually to run this scheme," he said.
Adhikari said 1.45 crore women had already been approved as beneficiaries, while verification of another 14 lakh applications was under way.
Payments under the scheme began reaching beneficiaries' bank accounts from August 17.
Eligible women would get Rs 3,000 per month under the scheme, officials said.
Around 1.80 crore applications have been received so far, of which 1.66 crore submitted up to July 10 have been verified, they said.
Verification of the remaining 14 lakh applications, submitted between July 10 and July 31, is under way, they added.
According to the Chief Minister, beneficiaries will receive the assistance by the second week of every month.
"A new portal will also be launched on August 20 to allow eligible women who may have been left out of the beneficiary list to apply for the scheme. Applications received through the portal will be scrutinised by the administration and eligible applicants will be added after verification," he said.
Adhikari also urged the BJP's Mahila Morcha workers to ensure that no eligible woman was left out of the scheme.
At the same time, he called for scrutiny of cases in which financially well-off women had received the benefit.
"I hope that those who do not need the money will create an opportunity for another person to receive it. This is my appeal to all of you," Adhikari said.
0 Response to "West Bengal Government to Raise Annual Allocation for Women’s Cash Transfer Scheme to Rs 48,000 Crore"
Post a Comment
Disclaimer Note:
The views expressed in the articles published here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position, or perspective of Kalimpong News or KalimNews. Kalimpong News and KalimNews disclaim all liability for the published or posted articles, news, and information and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of the content.
Kalimpong News is a non-profit online news platform managed by KalimNews and operated under the Kalimpong Press Club.
Comment Policy:
We encourage respectful and constructive discussions. Please ensure decency while commenting and register with your email ID to participate.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.