Three-Month-Old BJP Government May Have Had Some Lapses, Will Take Corrective Steps: Suvendu
PTI, August 18, 2026, Kolkata: Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari on Tuesday said there might have been some lapses in the functioning of the three-month-old BJP government and assured people that it would take corrective measures wherever necessary, going forward.
Addressing a thanksgiving programme in north Kolkata, organised by women for receiving Rs 3,000 as monthly financial assistance under the Annapurna Yojana, Adhikari said the state government is determined to ensure security, education and jobs for women.
He said that 76,817 beneficiaries from north Kolkata alone have been receiving monetary aid under the women-only scheme.
Listing his government's various achievements so far, the Chief Minister spoke about the prompt and strict action in the alleged gang-rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl, the reopening of the R G Kar Hospital rape and murder case and the arrests made in it.
"It is just a three-month-old government. There may have been some lapses in the huge undertaking," he said, maintaining that the BJP dispensation would take corrective measures wherever necessary.
About the Annapurna Yojana, Adhikari said the government received 1.80 crore forms for the scheme in the verification process till July 31.
The Chief Minister said that anyone having an objection to a person getting the benefit and the applicants who do not receive the benefit by August 20 can raise their grievances in a portal being launched by the state government.
0 Response to "Three-Month-Old BJP Government May Have Had Some Lapses, Will Take Corrective Steps: Suvendu"
Post a Comment
Disclaimer Note:
The views expressed in the articles published here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position, or perspective of Kalimpong News or KalimNews. Kalimpong News and KalimNews disclaim all liability for the published or posted articles, news, and information and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of the content.
Kalimpong News is a non-profit online news platform managed by KalimNews and operated under the Kalimpong Press Club.
Comment Policy:
We encourage respectful and constructive discussions. Please ensure decency while commenting and register with your email ID to participate.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.