
Asok: Left built most projects in Siliguri
TT, 22 January 2019, Siliguri: Mayor Asok Bhattacharya said on Tuesday that most of the development works in Siliguri had been implemented by the previous Left Front governments and no further projects could be taken up in the town because of the Mamata Banerjee dispensation's refusal to release Rs 1,400 crore.
On Monday, the chief minister had said her government had executed a number of development projects in north Bengal, including Siliguri and the Darjeeling hills.
"The Siliguri Municipal Corporation is yet to get around Rs 1,400 crore from the government. That is why we could not carry out infrastructure development here. Unlike other 125 civic bodies in the state, we are not provided with funds we are entitled to," said Bhattacharya.
"Most of the development works were executed in and around Siliguri when the Left Front was in power," he added.
The mayor said the SMC had sent a number of proposals to the Siliguri police commissioner to ease traffic congestion in Siliguri The iron barricades put up on Hill Cart Road should be removed for free flow of traffic. E-rickshaws should also be stopped on all principal roads in Siliguri.".
0 Response to "Asok: Left built most projects in Siliguri"
Post a Comment
Disclaimer Note:
The views expressed in the articles published here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position, or perspective of Kalimpong News or KalimNews. Kalimpong News and KalimNews disclaim all liability for the published or posted articles, news, and information and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of the content.
Kalimpong News is a non-profit online news platform managed by KalimNews and operated under the Kalimpong Press Club.
Comment Policy:
We encourage respectful and constructive discussions. Please ensure decency while commenting and register with your email ID to participate.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.