Shah attacks Mamata over delay in Indo-Banglafencing; says his 'repeated pleas' fell on deaf ears
Amit Shah Raises Border Fencing Delays During Siliguri Visit
On the second day of his north Bengal tour, Shah hit out at Banerjee while attending a programme organised at the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) frontier headquarters here for the groundbreaking and foundation stone laying ceremonies of various SSB projects.
"My desperate and repeated pleas to Mamata Banerjee for land to set up border fences by the BSF fell on deaf ears. I had been asking for 1,129 acres of land to strengthen border security since 2014. We received the land parcel only after the Adhikari government was formed in the state," Shah said.
Stating that no previous CMs of the state ever attended programmes of the SSB or the BSF, Shah congratulated Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari, who flanked the Union Home Minister on the dais, for breaking the glass ceiling.
"Former CMs of Bengal never participated in SSB celebrations despite sending them invitations. The SSB is not a political organisation. The force is beyond such considerations," the Union Home Minister said, indicating that such indifference towards the protectors of the nation's frontiers gave out wrong signals.
Shah, who arrived at Bagdogra on Thursday evening following the completion of 100 days of the Adhikari-led BJP regime in the state, lauded the Chief Minister for his prompt responses to security-related requirements of the Centre.
"Ever since Adhikari came to power, we have received whatever we required to enhance our border security. The state's approvals for projects are now received even before formal letters are sent," Shah said.
"We needed 560 acres to strengthen the extremely sensitive Siliguri Corridor. But for all these years, the Mamata Banerjee government did not provide it. I would like to thank Adhikari for granting his approval for the land immediately after coming to power. And today, his presence at this programme is like the icing on the cake for us," he added.
Shah announced the construction of a border security administration headquarters in Siliguri on an 80-acre plot and said the building of the Siliguri-New Delhi transport corridor, which is among the seven such corridors planned across the country to ease movement, is now closer to becoming a reality than ever before.
In his address, the Home Minister emphasised the importance of the country's national song Vande Mataram and said he was saddened by previous dispensations in India not awarding due recognition to the song since the country gained Independence.
"The complete version of Vande Mataram was never sung in India until at the Red Fort during the Independence Day celebrations this year, where the song was bestowed with the dignity it deserves. It gives me solace that the nation has finally recognised the song in the 150th year of its creation by Rishi Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay," he said.
Following his programme at the SSB camp, where he was also scheduled to have lunch with the border security personnel, Shah travelled to Kawakhali Maidan in Siliguri, where he inaugurated an exhibition on the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS).
0 Response to "Shah attacks Mamata over delay in Indo-Banglafencing; says his 'repeated pleas' fell on deaf ears"
Post a Comment
Disclaimer Note:
The views expressed in the articles published here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position, or perspective of Kalimpong News or KalimNews. Kalimpong News and KalimNews disclaim all liability for the published or posted articles, news, and information and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of the content.
Kalimpong News is a non-profit online news platform managed by KalimNews and operated under the Kalimpong Press Club.
Comment Policy:
We encourage respectful and constructive discussions. Please ensure decency while commenting and register with your email ID to participate.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.