-->
Case of Six Abducted Naga Villagers to Be Handed Over to NIA: Manipur CM

Case of Six Abducted Naga Villagers to Be Handed Over to NIA: Manipur CM


PTI, May 23, 2026, Imphal : Manipur Chief Minister Y Khemchand Singh on Saturday said the case relating to the abduction of six Naga villagers by armed militants would be handed over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).

The announcement came during a meeting between a six-member delegation of the United Naga Council (UNC) and the Chief Minister, according to an official statement.

The UNC delegation was led by its president NG Lorho, while the government side included Deputy Chief Minister Losii Dikho, Home Minister Govindas Konthoujam and several Naga MLAs.

During the meeting, the UNC urged the government to intensify efforts to trace the six villagers abducted from Konsakhul in Kangpokpi district.

"The Chief Minister informed the UNC delegation that the case of the six abducted Nagas would be handed over to the NIA," the statement said.

The killing of three church leaders in Kangpokpi district on May 13 had already been transferred to the central agency for investigation, it added.

Singh said search and rescue operations had been underway since May 14 to trace the missing villagers.

He appealed to the UNC to help secure the release of 14 Kuki civilians who, according to the government, have also remained in captivity since the violence erupted.

The Chief Minister further appealed to Kuki organisations and communities to cooperate in tracing the six missing Naga villagers.

He urged all communities in the state to support the government's efforts to restore peace and normalcy.

Several people were allegedly abducted and held hostage by armed groups in Kangpokpi and Senapati districts on May 13, hours after three church leaders were killed in an ambush.

Of them, 31 people — 14 Nagas, 16 Kukis and one Meitei — have been released, according to the police.

Kuki Inpi Manipur, the apex body of the Kuki tribes in the state, claimed that 14 members of the community continued to be held hostage by Naga groups.

0 Response to "Case of Six Abducted Naga Villagers to Be Handed Over to NIA: Manipur CM"

Post a Comment

Disclaimer Note:
The views expressed in the articles published here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position, or perspective of Kalimpong News or KalimNews. Kalimpong News and KalimNews disclaim all liability for the published or posted articles, news, and information and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of the content.
Kalimpong News is a non-profit online news platform managed by KalimNews and operated under the Kalimpong Press Club.

Comment Policy:
We encourage respectful and constructive discussions. Please ensure decency while commenting and register with your email ID to participate.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.