Axed TMC MLA Humayun moves High Court for security cover
Kabir, recently suspended by the Trinamool Congress (TMC) for allegedly stoking communal tensions over the planned Babri mosque at Beldanga, reportedly told the court that threats began soon after the foundation stone for the structure was laid on December 6.
He reportedly said he had declined an offer of security from the Union government, arguing that accepting it would have strengthened the ruling party’s allegations that the BJP was backing
his initiative. “Trinamool leaders are already making baseless claims. Had I taken Central security, they would have intensified their campaign against me. I will accept protection only if granted by the court,” Kabir told the media.
Kabir’s move comes as he prepares to float a new political outfit on December 22, when he plans to announce his organisational team. Although he had earlier indicated that he would surrender his Assembly seat before launching the party, he said on Sunday that he would defer his resignation for now, injecting further uncertainty into the political churn around him.
0 Response to "Axed TMC MLA Humayun moves High Court for security cover"
Post a Comment
Disclaimer Note:
The views expressed in the articles published here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position, or perspective of Kalimpong News or KalimNews. Kalimpong News and KalimNews disclaim all liability for the published or posted articles, news, and information and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of the content.
Kalimpong News is a non-profit online news platform managed by KalimNews and operated under the Kalimpong Press Club.
Comment Policy:
We encourage respectful and constructive discussions. Please ensure decency while commenting and register with your email ID to participate.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.