-->
 Kurseong `Haat Bazaar' shuts for now - temporary arrangement until the Covid-19 situation gets better

Kurseong `Haat Bazaar' shuts for now - temporary arrangement until the Covid-19 situation gets better

Don't Miss


SNS, 
KURSEONG. 29 APRIL 21 : A 74-year-old resident of Chunabhatti under the Kurseong Sub-Division died in the Kurseong Sub-Divisional hospital in Darjeelingl Hills today. He had been tested positive for Covid -19 and undergoing  treatment in the hospital since yesterday morning, sources said.

Also today, the weekly Haat Bazaar remained shut in Kurseong town.

Meanwhile, Assistant Superintendent at the Kurseong Sub-Dblisional Hospital, Krishna Ghosh, said that they have arranged for an 18-bed Covid ward (nine male and nine female), on the premises of the hospital from yesterday.

He also said that they have not been able to vaccinate people since yesterday, given the shortage of the vaccine doses. "We will resume the vaccination drive in the hospitaI as soon as fresh vaccine does arrives," Dr Ghosh said.

On the other hand, the Kurseong Municipality chairman had announced yesterday that they would not allow the Thursday Haat (weekly market) in the Kurseong Municipality area from today in view of the rising coronavirus cases and to stop the further spread of the virus.

Kurseong Municipality chairman Krishna Limboo said both buyers and sellers visit the Haat from different nearby places, including the plains in Siliguri.

"Hence, as a precautionary measure and to stop the possible spread of coronavirus, we have decided to close the weekly market from today," Mr Limboo said.

"The market will not be closed forever. It is only a temporary arrangement until the Covid- 19 situation gets better," he added.

Related Posts

0 Response to " Kurseong `Haat Bazaar' shuts for now - temporary arrangement until the Covid-19 situation gets better"

Post a Comment

Disclaimer Note:
The views expressed in the articles published here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position, or perspective of Kalimpong News or KalimNews. Kalimpong News and KalimNews disclaim all liability for the published or posted articles, news, and information and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of the content.
Kalimpong News is a non-profit online news platform managed by KalimNews and operated under the Kalimpong Press Club.

Comment Policy:
We encourage respectful and constructive discussions. Please ensure decency while commenting and register with your email ID to participate.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.