-->
North to get more buses

North to get more buses

TT, Siliguri, Feb. 11: Minister Gautam Deb today announced that 51 more North Bengal State Transport Corporation buses would soon be introduced on different routes in north Bengal and strict action would be taken against those who had allegedly tried to damage the NBSTC buses which were introduced earlier.
Deb, while speaking at a programme held at the Tenzing Norgay Central Bus Terminus here today, said: "We are supposed to get 140 new buses for NBSTC under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission scheme. So far, 89 buses have been introduced on different routes. Another 51 buses will arrive in north Bengal shortly and will run on other routes." said Deb.
The NBSTC chairman added: "NBSTC is in the process of increasing its revenue and we are earning around Rs 8 crore per month at present. The plan is to increase the earnings to Rs 10 crore a month."
The north Bengal development department minister also said inter-state bus services would be announced soon.
"A good number of passengers travel to the neighbouring states of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand and Sikkim from north Bengal everyday. We will shortly introduce services to these states from Siliguri," he said.
Deb inaugurated a revamped tarmac, approach road, refurbished toilet block and new sitting arrangements for passengers at Tenzing Norgay Central Bus Terminus.
"A sum of Rs 1.16 crore has been spent on these projects. We will make further investments and raise a five or six storied building in place of the existing terminus building. Commercial and office spaces would be provided in it and we can also accommodate more buses here," Deb said.
Deb also said the attacks on the new NBSTC buses would not be taken lightly.
"We have come to know about the attacks on the new NBSTC buses in and around Jalpaiguri. I will soon hold a meeting with the district civil and police administration of Jalpaiguri and the commissioner of Siliguri metropolitan police. We will not tolerate any such attack on government buses and strict steps would be taken against those who are involved in such crimes."

Related Posts

0 Response to "North to get more buses"

Post a Comment

Disclaimer Note:
The views expressed in the articles published here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position, or perspective of Kalimpong News or KalimNews. Kalimpong News and KalimNews disclaim all liability for the published or posted articles, news, and information and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of the content.
Kalimpong News is a non-profit online news platform managed by KalimNews and operated under the Kalimpong Press Club.

Comment Policy:
We encourage respectful and constructive discussions. Please ensure decency while commenting and register with your email ID to participate.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.