ON SALE




ON SALE
19 decimal private land with a House
at Sabitri Ghising Road, Bong Busty Kalimpong.
Single storied house has 3 Bedrooms,
Living room, Kitchen & Dining room,
3 Bathroom-cum-toilets
Contact: thulungakrai@gmail.com
or 9434131719


4 Jul 2017

Sikkim standoff: No bulldozers used by China for destroying bunkers, says Indian Army

PTI | New Delhi | July 3, 2017 : The Indian Army on Monday maintained that no bulldozers were used when its bunkers were destroyed by the Chinese army amid the current standoff with China in the Sikkim sector. The army also denied that the border standoff with China is the longest ever since 1962.
“The incident is not the longest standoff between the two nations,” said a statement issued by the Army spokesman here.
The spokesman also said that no bulldozers were “ever employed” for destroying the Indian bunkers and that no physical scuffle had occurred between the personnel of Indian Army and the People’s Liberation Army(PLA). A senior government functionary had earlier said that bulldozers were used to destroy the Indian bunkers.
The spokesman also claimed that no such incident ever happened on June 6 and referred to a statement made by the Ministry of External Affairs in which the date of incident was mentioned as June 16.
The spokesman went on to clarify that “Indo-China relations as also the relationship between both the armies are extremely well managed by a host of mechanisms.
“The MoD (Ministry of Defence) or the Indian Army has neither issued any official statement nor has undertaken any unofficial briefings due to the fact that such sensitive issues are best dealt between two nations away from the media glare,” the spokesman said.
He said that in this situation “as some of the acts have happened involving Bhutan, therefore, Ministry of External Affairs has already given a substantial briefing on the issue.”

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Sikkim standoff: No bulldozers used by China for destroying bunkers, says Indian Army"

Post a Comment

Kalimpong News is a non-profit online News of Kalimpong Press Club managed by KalimNews. It is published simultaneously in this site as well as http://kalimpongnews.net.
Please be decent while commenting and register yourself with your email id. Your id will be kept secret, as far as practicable.

Popular Posts