19 decimal private land with a House
at Sabitri Ghising Road, Bong Busty Kalimpong.
Single storied house has 3 Bedrooms,
Living room, Kitchen & Dining room,
3 Bathroom-cum-toilets
Contact: thulungakrai@gmail.com
or 9434131719

22 May 2017

Mom's swift double summit

Anshu Jamsenpa at the Mt Everest summit
TT, May 21: Aspiring Supermoms, the bar has been raised - right up to the top of the world and twice in less than five days.
Anshu Jamsenpa summited Mount Everest at 7.45 this morning - 118 hours and 45 minutes since she unfurled the Tricolour on the summit at 9am on May 16.
Her climb is being described as the quickest double ascent in the world by a woman to the world's highest peak.
Anshu, now aged 37, was already the first mother in the world to climb the Everest thrice - twice in May 2011 and again on May 18, 2013.
If the double ascent in 2011 took 10 days, Anshu has done so now in five days. That also makes her the first Indian woman to climb the Everest five times.
"Yes, this is a world record. No woman has done this in such a short duration. There are male climbers and some Sherpas who have done it but not a woman," said Dawa S. Lama, managing director of Dream Himalaya Adventures, the Kathmandu-based agency through which Anshu carried out her expedition.
Several climbers not associated with Anshu's expedition also said that if confirmed, hers was a remarkable feat.
Debraj Dutta, a Calcuttan who had sumitted the Everest last year, said: "I haven't heard about any other woman achieving this."
Hari Pal Singh Ahluwalia, who had been a member of India's 1965 Everest expedition, said: "A second Everest climb would be a remarkable feat - even nowadays when climbing the mountain has become a bit easier than in our times. The Everest is still the Everest...."
Anshu, who hails from Assam, lives in Arunachal Pradesh with her husband and climber Tsering Wange and their two daughters, Passang Droma (16) and Tenzing Nyidden (12).
"The Almighty has answered the prayers of all her well-wishers back home in Arunachal and across the country," Anshu's husband Wange told The Telegraph.
"I spoke to her around 2.30pm today and by then she had reached Camp IV where she will halt tonight," said Wange, who is the president of the All Arunachal Pradesh Mountaineering and Adventure Sports Association. "There was no sign of fatigue in her voice... it seemed as if she was ready to scale the peak once again."
The Dalai Lama had flagged off the mountaineer's double ascent expedition from Guwahati on April 2.
Wange said Anshu would stay at the base camp for a couple of days and then trek to Lukla, from where she would take a flight to Kathmandu. "There are some formalities of the Nepal government which would take around a week to complete," he added. "Then she would head towards New Delhi."On the Indian front, Anshu has equalled the record of Love Raj Singh Dharmshaktu, a climber from Uttarakhand, who had scaled the Everest five times between 1998 and 2013.
She might have gone one better had the 2015 Nepal earthquake not forced her to abort another attempt midway.
Lhakpa Rangdu Sherpa, an eight-time summiteer and general secretary of the Everest Summiteers Association, said Anshu reached the summit from the south side at 7.45 this morning.
Sherpa's announcement came from the 17,500ft base camp, where climbers typically rest to acclimatise. Anshu had earlier told the base camp on satellite phone that she had summited the peak.
Anshu had started her second ascent from the base camp on Friday morning and climbed almost non-stop to reach Camp IV, one of the halts on the way to the top at an elevation of 26,100ft. She didn't stop at Camp I (19,000ft) and held for a few minutes at Camp II (20,700ft).
Last night, around 10, she resumed her climb for the final push to the peak, accompanied by veteran Sherpas Furi and Chhewang Karma of Nepal.
Climber missing
Ravi Kumar, a climber from Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, was said to be missing on the Everest since yesterday, according to his expedition organiser Arun Treks and Expedition. A search is under way.
At least six persons, including a former Miss India finalist, were today evacuated from the higher camps of Mount Everest after they suffered from high-altitude sickness.
According to the expedition organisers, 52-year-old Sangeeta S. Bahl, a finalist for the 1985 pageant, was airlifted from Camp II along with some others. "They are said to be out of danger," an official said.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Mom's swift double summit"

Post a Comment

Kalimpong News is a non-profit online News of Kalimpong Press Club managed by KalimNews. It is published simultaneously in this site as well as http://kalimpongnews.net.
Please be decent while commenting and register yourself with your email id. Your id will be kept secret, as far as practicable.

Popular Posts